Shrimp and Squash
- Yield 4 servings
This shrimp and vegetable stir-fry is quick-and-easy and will be a hit at your dinner table.
- 2 pounds raw medium shrimp, peeled
- -- Juice of 2 lemons, divided
- -- Flour
- -- Scant 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 small zucchini squash, sliced in 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 4 -- ribs celery, sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup parsley flakes
- -- Seasoning salt
- -- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Peel raw shrimp and pat dry. Pour half the lemon juice on shrimp just to moisten, and dust lightly with flour. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Add the vegetables and seasonings. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add shrimp, the remaining lemon juice and white wine. Cook until the shrimp turns bright pink.
Note: You may use a variety of different vegetables such as green peppers and yellow squash. Serve with rice or Chinese noodles.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier’s Revel (Shreveport, Louisiana, 2000).