Shrimp and Squash
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2pounds raw medium shrimp, peeled
- -- Juice of 2 lemons, divided
- -- Flour
- -- Scant 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4small zucchini squash, sliced in 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 4-- ribs celery, sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2cup parsley flakes
- -- Seasoning salt
- -- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2teaspoons paprika
- 1/2cup white wine
- Peel raw shrimp and pat dry. Pour half the lemon juice on shrimp just to moisten, and dust lightly with flour. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Add the vegetables and seasonings. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add shrimp, the remaining lemon juice and white wine. Cook until the shrimp turns bright pink.
Note: You may use a variety of different vegetables such as green peppers and yellow squash. Serve with rice or Chinese noodles.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Shreveport-Bossier’s Revel (Shreveport, Louisiana, 2000).