Shrimp and Spinach Pasta Toss
- Yield 8 servings
A delicious way to get your greens!
Try kale too, instead of spinach. Shrimp are high in omega 3; a polyunsaturated fatty acid found primarily in certain seafood.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and stemmed
- 1 -- (16-ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil until hot. Add shrimp and green onions. Saute until shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Add spinach leaves and cook only until spinach is wilted. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt; drain. Pour shrimp mixture over the pasta. Toss with tomatoes and pine nuts.