Shrimp and Rice Salad
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
A simple rice and shrimp salad that everyone will love.
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 2/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat chicken broth and bay leaf to boiling. Stir in rice and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add shrimp to rice mixture, cover and continue cooking over low heat, 10 to 15 minutes more, or until liquid is absorbed and shrimp turn pink. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine green onions, radishes, peas, dillweed, sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice with rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, or until serving time.