Shrimp and Pasta Thai Time
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This is a perfect introduction to Thai flavors.
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle fat-free Italian dressing, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded peeled carrots
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8-ounce) package angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a bowl, mix shrimp with 1/3 cup Italian dressing. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together with a fork peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger, red pepper and the remaining dressing; set aside.
- Drain and discard dressing from shrimp.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute shrimp, carrots and green onions until shrimp are done, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain. Add dressing mixture and pasta to skillet, tossing until mixture is well mixed and heated. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.