Shrimp and Pasta Thai Time
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle fat-free Italian dressing, divided
- 1tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1cup shredded peeled carrots
- 1cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8-ounce) package angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a bowl, mix shrimp with 1/3 cup Italian dressing. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together with a fork peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger, red pepper and the remaining dressing; set aside.
- Drain and discard dressing from shrimp.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute shrimp, carrots and green onions until shrimp are done, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain. Add dressing mixture and pasta to skillet, tossing until mixture is well mixed and heated. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 318
- Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat .6g
- Cholesterol 215mg
- Sodium 703mg
- Carbohydrate 41.1g
- Protein 29.5g