Shrimp and Mango Wraps
- Yield 5 servings
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 5 whole grain tortillas or flat bread wraps (9-inch)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a blender or food processor, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, cilantro, and lime juice. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Adjust salt and pepper seasonings. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Warm up tortillas in a small skillet over medium-high heat, approximately 10 seconds per side.
- Arrange spinach in the center of each tortilla. Top with mangos and shrimp, then drizzle 2 tablespoons of the prepared sauce over the contents of the tortilla. Wrap them up and enjoy immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Allison Ruth, mama to three hungry girls, blogs at Some the Wiser where she takes life as it comes and tries to learn a little something as she goes. Whether she’s baking bread, sewing, or contemplating the fate of socks gone missing in the laundry, she looks for the peace and creativity life offers to everyone who is paying attention. Living life deliberately isn’t easy, she admits, but it helps when you have good things to eat.