Shrimp and Mango Rice Salad
- Yield 4 servings
You can serve this dish warm or cold. Either way it's delicious.
- 1 cup dried Jasmine or sushi rice
- 1 pound medium cooked shrimp, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 ripe mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fres lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the rice according to package directions and set aside.
- Add the shrimp, mango, almonds, and mint and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper and add to the rice mixture. Stir gently to combine.
Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD & Liz Weiss, MS, RD Authors, The Moms’ Guide to Meal Makeovers