Shrimp and Mango Curry
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 3 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Seafood, sweet potato and mango mingle in a Caribbean-inspired main dish.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large firm but ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, diced and boiled or steamed until tender, chilled
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, ginger, sea salt, cayenne and black pepper. Add coconut milk and water. Bring to a simmer and cook 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp, mango, sweet potato. Bring back to a simmer and cook until shrimp are pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Garnish with green onion and cilantro.
Recipe by Chef Allen Susser, courtesy of the National Mango Board