Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 35 minutes
Corn, shrimp, country ham, whole milk and herbs from the garden come together quickly for this creamy soup.
A cup of chopped potato would be a great addition.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 spring onion or 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces country ham, chopped
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn, cut from the cob
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups whole milk
- 2 ounces Cheddar cheese (or any cheese)
- Fresh thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add shallot and onion; sauté 10 minutes. Add flour; cook 3 minutes. Add country ham and corn; sauté 10 minutes. Add shrimp and milk; cook 10 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and fresh thyme. Makes 7 cups.