Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 35 minutes
A cup of chopped potato would be a great addition.
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 spring onion or 2 green onions, chopped
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3ounces country ham, chopped
- 2cups fresh sweet corn, cut from the cob
- 8ounces large shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 5cups whole milk
- 2ounces Cheddar cheese (or any cheese)
- Fresh thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add shallot and onion; sauté 10 minutes. Add flour; cook 3 minutes. Add country ham and corn; sauté 10 minutes. Add shrimp and milk; cook 10 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and fresh thyme. Makes 7 cups.
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.