Shrimp and Arugula Salad
- Yield 4 servings
Grapefruit and avocado dress up this sweet shrimp salad with tart grapefruit.
This salad, courtesy of Earthbound Farm, is a perfect balance of sweet-salty shrimp, tart grapefruit, mellow avocado and peppery arugula. Use any combination of greens, such as arugula, watercress, mache or spring mix.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula, watercress or mache
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a jar. Close tightly and shake vigorously to combine.
- To prepare salad, place arugula in a large salad bowl and toss with about half the vinaigrette. Divide greens among 4 salad plates; top with shrimp, grapefruit and avocado. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serves 4.
Recipe courtesy of Earthbound Farm.