Shrimp and Arugula Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
This salad, courtesy of Earthbound Farm, is a perfect balance of sweet-salty shrimp, tart grapefruit, mellow avocado and peppery arugula. Use any combination of greens, such as arugula, watercress, mache or spring mix.
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon grapefruit juice
- 1tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 5ounces baby arugula, watercress or mache
- 1pound medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a jar. Close tightly and shake vigorously to combine.
- To prepare salad, place arugula in a large salad bowl and toss with about half the vinaigrette. Divide greens among 4 salad plates; top with shrimp, grapefruit and avocado. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serves 4.
Recipe courtesy of Earthbound Farm.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 410
- Fat 24g
- Sodium 640mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 10g
- Protein 31g