Shrimp and Artichoke Soup
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1pound peeled medium shrimp
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 6cups canned fat-free chicken broth
- 3cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2cup liquid nondairy creamer
- In a pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the shrimp and green onion tops over medium heat until the shrimp are done, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the sliced potatoes, artichokes, and salt and pepper to taste. Return to a boil and continue boiling for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and puree. Return to the pot and add the cooked shrimp, green onion stems and nondairy creamer. Stir and heat through. Makes 8 cups.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 139
- Fat 2.1g
- Saturated Fat .4g
- Cholesterol 81mg
- Sodium 570mg