Shrimp and Artichoke Soup
- Yield 8 servings
This creamy soup is thickened with potatoes.
- 1 pound peeled medium shrimp
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 6 cups canned fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- In a pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the shrimp and green onion tops over medium heat until the shrimp are done, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the sliced potatoes, artichokes, and salt and pepper to taste. Return to a boil and continue boiling for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and puree. Return to the pot and add the cooked shrimp, green onion stems and nondairy creamer. Stir and heat through. Makes 8 cups.