Shrimp and Artichoke Dijon
- Yield 2 servings
Here's a delicious dinner in a flash with shrimp and artichokes in a creamy Dijon sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or cooking wine, optional
- 1/2 pound medium-large shrimp, peeled
- 1 (5-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup quartered artichokes
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oil and add garlic in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Stir ingredients, then add flour, stirring 30 seconds and gradually adding broth and wine. Continue to stir until thick. Toss in shrimp and cook 2 minutes.
- Add milk, mustard, and season to taste. Allow ingredients to boil, reduce heat and cook an additional 4-5 minutes. Toss in artichokes and parsley before serving.