Shredded Carrot and Beet Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
This vibrant side dish spiked with citrus and mint is packed with cancer-fighting nutrients.
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup red beet, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Whisk the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, ginger and salt together until thoroughly combined.
- Put the carrots in a mixing bowl, drizzle with half of the dressing, and toss until evenly coated. Place the carrots on one side of a shallow serving bowl.
- Put the beets in the mixing bowl, drizzle with the remaining dressing, and toss until evenly coated. Place the beets in the serving bowl next to the carrots for a beautiful contrast of red and orange. Top with the chopped mint before serving.
Used with permission from The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery, by Rebecca Katz