Shish Kabob Chicken Sandwiches
- Yield 3 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 3 pieces chicken thigh meat
- 4 ounces Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 -- green bell pepper, cut to the size of sweet roll
- 1/2 -- red bell pepper, cut to the size of sweet roll
- 1 ounce red onion, cut to the size of sweet roll
- 3 pieces King's Sweet Bread rolls, cut horizontally in half
- -- Pineapple top for garnish
- 6 pieces cherry tomatoes
- -- Pickle and olives to garnish
- Lilikoi mayonnaise (3 oz)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lilikoi (passion fruit) preservatives
- Combine Italian dressing, oregano and basil, divide.
- Marinate chicken thighs with half of the dressing mix for several hours and vegetables with the remaining dressing for half an hour.
- Grill chicken and vegetables.
- Arrange on a skewer, cherry tomato 1st, top of bread, onion, bell pepper, chicken, bottom of bread, and a cherry tomato on the bottom to hold sandwich in place.
- Stick into the pineapple top any style you like.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and preserves until smooth.