- Yield 8 servings
A lasagna like ma used to make, but we added shellfish.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushroom, sliced
- 2 medium keeks (thinly sliced- white part only)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 3/4 pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise
- 3/4 pound sea scallops (halved)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup jarred tomato-basil sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 9 no cook- lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and leeks; sauté 5 minutes or until leeks are softened. Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine. Add milk and cream; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Stir in shrimp, scallops, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Remove from heat; stir in tomato-basil sauce and Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread about 1 1/2 cups shellfish sauce on bottom of 13 x 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce; top with about a third of the remaining sauce and 3 noodles. Repeat layering with remaining sauce and noodles, ending with sauce. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake 15 minutes or until browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Jean Kressy