- Yield 4 servings
This is a wonderful shellfish entree.
- 6 ounces wild rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 -- shucked oysters with liquor
- 16 -- (21- to 25-count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 16 -- crawfish tails
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- -- Cajun spice mix to taste
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 16 -- scallops, cut into halves
- Cook the rice using the package directions. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm. Cook the whipping cream in a saucepan until reduced by one-third; stir in the sour cream. Cover to keep warm. Plump the oysters in the liquor and drain.
- Saute the shrimp in 1/4 cup butter in a skillet. Add the crawfish tails, tomato and Cajun spice and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the cream mixture, scallions, scallops and oysters. Simmer for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Ladle over the rice in bowls or in the center of a rice mold.
Recipe by Klaus Bertram, Executive Club. Recipe reprinted with permission from Energy Services of Pensacola’s Fiesta Seafood Cookbook: A Taste of Pensacola (Energy Services of Pensacola, Florida, 2009).