Shaved Fennel-Golden Beet Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2large golden beets
- 2small fennel bulbs, trimmed and shaved paper-thin
- 1/2cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/3cup fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- 4ounces arugula
- 1/2cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/3cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place unpeeled beets in a heavy zip-top plastic bag. Microwave on high for about 6 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove from microwave and rub skins off. Slice thinly with a knife or on a mandoline.
- Combine beets, fennel and dill in a bowl. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, honey and ¼ teaspoon salt in a separate bowl. Pour over vegetables, toss and set aside to marinate 1 hour.
- Place arugula in a large bowl. Scoop fennel mixture onto arugula. Toss well. Serve topped with walnuts and feta.
Recipe courtesy of Turnbull Creek Farm, Bon Aqua, Tenn.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 240
- Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 240mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 5g