- Yield 1 1/2 cups
Shallots, parsley and lemon make a great topping for steak, lamb or pork.
Gremolata is a simple salsa-like concoction, but with less liquid and finely chopped. This one is a bit pungent and is best served with rich foods, such as steak, lamb or pork.
- 1 1/4 cups minced, peeled shallots (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Makes 24 (1-tablespoon) servings.
Recipe by Karoline Boehm.