Seven-Layer Pea Salad
- Yield 12 servings
Peas, red and yellow onions, red and green peppers, sour cream, lettuce, cheese, and bacon make up the succulent seven layers.
"To me, this recipe is very special because it is so good. My neighbors and all my friends at church find this to be an excellent dish to carry to family reunions. They all love it. I can make a meal on it alone."
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped or sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped or sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped or sliced
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans peas (drained)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 to 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Layer lettuce, peppers, onion, and peas in a bowl or trifle dish.
- Mix together sugar, salad dressing, and sour cream and spread on top of peas.
- Layer cheese and bacon and top off with another layer of lettuce.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. NOTE: Amounts of ingredients can vary according to size of container.
– Lillie Dunlap, Robbins, N.C.