Sesame Noodles with Tofu
- Yield: 6 servings
- Peanut dressing:
- 1/2cup peanut butter
- 1/4cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/3cup warm water
- 2tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1-- garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2tablespoons sesame oil
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/2 to 1teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1pound thin egg noodles or spaghetti
- 2-- green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-- red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1-- yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2-- cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 8ounces cubed extra firm tofu or chicken
- 1. To prepare the dressing, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. To prepare the noodles, cook noodles until tender according to package instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Add noodles, green onions, bell peppers, cucumber and tofu to dressing, tossing to combine.