Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Yield servings
- 4 -- chicken thighs (skinnless and boneless)
- 1/2 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 -- tspn chopped garlic
- 2 -- tspn chopped ginger
- 1 -- carrot (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- 1 -- cucumber (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 -- red bell pepper (cut into matchsticks)
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 -- inch piece of lemon grass
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup siracha chili paste
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1 -- head of bibb lettuce
- -- cilantro sprigs
Mix together miso, hoisin, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Marinate chicken thighs in the mixture.
Put the vinegar, lemongrass, and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until the sugar has disolved. Do not boil. Remove from heat. Allow the liquid to cool, strain and pour over the matchstick cut vegetables.
Mix the siracha and mayo together.
Broil the thighs on high for about 5 minutes on each side. After the chicken has cooked chop into bite sized pieces.
Lay a whole leaf of bibb lettuce on a plate. Top it with some of the pickled vegetables, and the chopped chicken. Dress the wrap with the siracha mayo and cilantro leaves.