Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 ounces whole-grain noodles, cooked al dente
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled
- Fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup carrots, sliced on diagonal
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 ounces flank steak cut in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup lower sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Sesame seeds (for garnish, optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well; transfer to mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger, garlic, green onions, cabbage, carrots, onion and bell pepper; saute 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Transfer to bowl with the pasta.
- Heat sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and soy sauce; saute for two minutes or until beef is nearly cooked. Add the broth, reserved vegetables and noodles and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Recipe by Cheryl Forberg