Seriously Short Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield 6 dozens
These "short" cookies have just the right blend of fat and sugar to melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups (2¼ pounds) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place butter, shortening and sugars in a large bowl and beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition; add vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until just blended. Add chocolate chips and nuts; mix well.
- Using 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12 minutes. Let cool.
Reprinted with permission for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer All the Good Cookies cookbook.