Seriously Short Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield: 6 dozens
- 1cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 1/4cups light brown sugar
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking soda
- 2teaspoons salt
- 6cups (2¼ pounds) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3cups chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place butter, shortening and sugars in a large bowl and beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition; add vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until just blended. Add chocolate chips and nuts; mix well.
- Using 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12 minutes. Let cool.
Reprinted with permission for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer All the Good Cookies cookbook.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 170
- Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 16g
- Sodium 97mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 2g