Seitan Reuben Sandwiches
- Yield: 2 servings
- Russian Dressing:
- 2tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise or Nayonnaise
- 2teaspoons sweet pickle relish, drained well
- 2teaspoons tomato ketchup
- Seitan Sandwiches:
- 4slices rye bread
- 8ounces seitan, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup sauerkraut, drained well
- 4ounces sliced soy or milk-based Swiss or Mozzarella cheese
- To make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- To make sandwiches: Spread two slices of bread with Russian dressing. Arrange sliced seitan over dressing. Spread sauerkraut over seitan. Layer cheese over top. Place other piece of bread on top.
- Spray a nonstick saute pan or skillet with vegetable or olive oil or soy margarine and heat over low heat. Place sandwiches in pan and place a heavy plate on top (it must fit within rim of pan). Cook 3 minutes until golden brown, turn sandwiches and repeat.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 554
- Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 1583mg
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 46g