Seckel Pear Tart with Cardamom Blueberry Butter
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 recipe slightly sweet pastry dough
- 5 ripe Seckel pears, peeled and cored, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 container mascarpone cheese
- 4tablespoons (heaping) Cardamom Blueberry Butter (or any good homemade butter such as pumpkin butter)
- 2teaspoons raw or turbinado sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roll pastry dough out on floured board to about a 12 inch circle. Fit into an 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, allowing pastry to overlap sides. Use a knife to cut away any pastry that overlaps the edge of the pan.
- Spread mascarpone cheese over bottom of crust evenly.
- Top with Cardamom Blueberry Butter.
- Place pear halves cut-side down on blueberry butter
- Sprinkle pears with 1 teaspoon raw sugar. Bake about 30 minutes, or until blueberry butter is hot and bubbly, crust is a deep golden brown and tops of pears are starting to brown. Remove from oven. Let cool on a rack about 30 minutes to serve warm. This tart is also delicious served at room temperature
- Cut into wedges and sprinkle remaining raw sugar on top of each serving to add just a bit of crunch to each bite.
Recipe by Teresa Blackburn
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 407
- Fat 25g
- Cholesterol 123mg
- Sodium 96mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 4g