Courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- 1 (14-oz) can salmon, drained
- 3/4cup saltine cracker crumbs, roughly crumbled
- 1/4cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 4 whole wheat slider buns
- 4teaspoons mayo mustard (optional)
- 4pieces lettuce (optional)
- 4slices tomato (optional)
- In large bowl, toss salmon and cracker crumbs; set aside. In heavy skillet, cook onion and red bell pepper in olive oil until tender. Add to bowl and mix gently. Add dill weed, egg, and lemon juice and mix gently.
- Form into four patties. Add more olive oil and to the same skillet. Add patties to skillet when hot. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Assemble slider and add your favorite condiments.