Seared Tuna with Lemony Potatoes
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 6 mins
Tuna goes farther—and is simpler to eat—when it's chunked and mixed with potatoes.
Tossing in a tablespoon of capers would be a lovely addition.
- 2 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 medium round red potatoes, cut into halves and boiled until tender
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry. Combine olive oil, hot sauce and garlic in a measuring cup. Pour half the mixture into a shallow baking pan, reserving remaining sauce. Add tuna to pan and let stand 1 hour, turning halfway though the marinating time.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove tuna from marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Discard marinade. Grill tuna 3 to 4 minutes per side, until desired degree of doneness.
- Place hot boiled potatoes in a bowl. Break tuna into chunks and add to potatoes. Add lemon rind and juice, parsley and reserved sauce. Toss and serve.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton