Seared Tuna with Lemony Potatoes
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 6 mins
Tuna goes farther—and is simpler to eat—when it's chunked and mixed with potatoes.
Tossing in a tablespoon of capers would be a lovely addition.
- 2 (6-ounce) tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 medium round red potatoes, cut into halves and boiled until tender
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Rinse tuna steaks and pat dry. Combine olive oil, hot sauce and garlic in a measuring cup. Pour half the mixture into a shallow baking pan, reserving remaining sauce. Add tuna to pan and let stand 1 hour, turning halfway though the marinating time.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove tuna from marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Discard marinade. Grill tuna 3 to 4 minutes per side, until desired degree of doneness.
- Place hot boiled potatoes in a bowl. Break tuna into chunks and add to potatoes. Add lemon rind and juice, parsley and reserved sauce. Toss and serve.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.