Seared Tilapia Scaloppine with Melon Salsa
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon butter
- 2tablespoons minced shallots
- 1cup sliced very ripe honeydew melon and/or cantaloupe
- Chopped fresh mint or cilantro to taste
- Season both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the fillets. Sear until golden brown and turn.
- Continue to cook for 5 to 6 minutes longer or until the fillets flake easily.
- Remove the fillets to serving plates and cover to keep warm, reserving the pan drippings.
- Add the butter and shallots to the reserved pan drippings and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Turn off the heat and add the melon and mint, tossing to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon the melon salsa over the fillets. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Sarasota, Simply Sarasota, Creatively Casual Cuisine (the Junior League of Sarasota, 2007)
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 280
- Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 128mg
- Sodium 77mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber <1g
- Protein 36g