Seared Scallops with Caramelized Grapefruit Dressing
- Yield 2 servings
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/3 cup Texas Rio Star grapefruit juice
- 1 Texas Rio Star grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 scallops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil the honey in a small saucepan until it is the color of caramel.
- Add vinegar and grapefruit juice; bring to a boil. Boil until liquid is reduced by half.
- With a sharp knife, peel and segment the grapefruit, removing the white pith. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Pat dry the scallops and season with salt and pepper. Preheat a nonstick skillet until it is very hot. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to coat the pan. Add scallops. Fry 1 minute on one side. Turn and fry on the other side 1 minute, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Place scallops on plate and arrange grapefruit segments in between. Drizzle scallops and grapefruit with sauce to serve.
Recipe courtesy of TexaSweet