Seared Fresh California Black Mission Figs
- Yield 1 servings
These delicious figs are sprinkled with sugar and seared in a hot cast iron skillet.
- 1 -- fresh California Black Mission fig, cut in half lengthwise
- -- Fine granulated sugar, as needed
- -- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 ounce sliced Brie cheese
- -- Crisp fried bacon, for garnish
- -- Toasted baguette slices or crackers
- Sprinkle fig halves lightly with sugar. Lightly coat bottom of cast iron skillet with olive oil; heat to very hot. Arrange the fig halves, cut side down in pan and sear for about 2 minutes. Cool and arrange cut side up on toasted baguette slices or crackers topped with cheese and bacon.
Recipe courtesy of the California Fig Advisory Board