- Yield 4 servings
"I like to doctor recipes to my own specifications, by trying this and that. I also like using vegetables I grow in the garden. This is an easy and tasty stew, and the recipe can be doubled for a large group."
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) cans chopped clams, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) can white crab (or imitation crab)
- 1 (6-ounce can shrimp
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (2-ounce) jar pimentos, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Chop onion and press or mince garlic. Add these to saucepan, cover, and cook over low heat about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse crab and shrimp. Stir clams and liquid, crab, shrimp, tomato soup, pimentos and liquid, water, salt, and pepper into onion mixture. Crush basil and oregano and chop parsley. Add to seafood mixture. Cook covered over low heat for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Makes about 6 cups.
Recipe by Duane Kasten, Long Prairie, Minn.