Seafood Lovers Quiche
- Yield 6 to 8 servings servings
- Prep 1 hour
- Cook 55 minutes
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled smoked salmon
- 1 can medium pitted California black olives - cut in half. Save 1/2 can for later.
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Bake pastry shell 12 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients to egg mixture. Pour into cooled pastry shell.
- Bake 55 minutes or until filling is puffed and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serve Seafood Lovers Quiche with a warm Mango salsa (recipe below). Serve with a slice of fresh baked bread and a glass of your favorite California wine.
- 2 whole mangos, sliced and diced.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green peppers
- 1 gutted Jalapeno pepper, chopped (if you want Salsa hot – don’t gut out pepper)
- 1/2 can of black medium pitted California olives – cut in half
- 1 c of tomato, seeds removed and rest chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
Mix all ingredients in bowl, let sit 2-4 hours
Just before serving warm in saucepan for a couple of minutes – then serve on top of the Seafood Lovers Quiche.