- Yield 28 pieces
Corn, cheese, seafood and just a bit of jalapeños unite for truly exceptional flavor in every bite.
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper slices (found in jar)
- 2 cups combination seafood (crawfish tails; small peeled shrimp, cooked; or claw crabmeat)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking soda and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg and oil. Add all remaining ingredients except seafood. After mixing well, combine with flour mixture, then stir in seafood.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, or until cornbread is golden brown.