Seafood Cheesecake Appetizer
- Yield 24 servings
"This recipe has received good comments from everyone. We have a very large family and have many get-togethers. I like to try new things and make dishes that look elegant for special occasions."
- 1 sleeve butter crackers, such as Ritz, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat
- 4 green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter in a medium bowl; mix well. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sour cream with a mixer until smooth. Add eggs, lemon juice, salt and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in crabmeat and white part of green onions. Spoon into crust.
- Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet 50 to 60 minutes, until top is lightly browned and center is set. (Cover with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent over-browning. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack. Loosen sides of pan, but do not remove until completely cooled.
- Transfer to a serving plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until serving time. Remove plastic wrap, spread remaining 1/4 cup sour cream on top, and garnish with green part of onions. Serve with assorted crackers or party breads.
Recipe by Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, W.V.