- Yield 4 servings
This nutritious golden scramble is good with toasted English Muffins.
You can also wrap it in a whole-wheat tortilla for a delicious breakfast burrito.
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet. Add onion and cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add tofu, garlic, turmeric, cumin, black pepper, and soy sauce. Cook, stirring gently, for 3 to 5 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Amy Lanou, Ph.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond, M.S., R.D.