- Yield: 4 servings
You can also wrap it in a whole-wheat tortilla for a delicious breakfast burrito.
- 2teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2pound firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/4teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- 2teaspoons soy sauce
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet. Add onion and cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add tofu, garlic, turmeric, cumin, black pepper, and soy sauce. Cook, stirring gently, for 3 to 5 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Amy Lanou, Ph.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond, M.S., R.D., courtesy of The Cancer Project