Scrambled Eggs and Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
Don't rush these eggs--cooking them slowly keeps them creamy.
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2sprigs thyme
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- Dash of white pepper
- 2tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 3tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 thick slices rustic sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- Chives, finely chopped for garnish
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and tomatoes and sauté 5 minutes. Add thyme and sauté 4 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Place eggs in a bowl and whisk. Place a large, heavy skillet over low heat. Add butter and heat until melted. Add eggs. As eggs begin to set, draw a spatula from the edge of the pan to the center, allowing the uncooked eggs to run onto the surface of the pan. Just before eggs are done, add heavy cream and stir until eggs are creamy, soft and a little lumpy. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper.
- Place a piece of warm toast on 4 individual serving plates. Top with eggs and tomatoes. Sprinkle with chives.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 24g
- Sodium 600mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 19g