Scrambled Eggs and Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 13 mins
Creamy eggs get a generous helping of summer flavor. A dash of cream makes them super velvety.
Don't rush these eggs--cooking them slowly keeps them creamy.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- -- Dash of white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 -- eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 -- thick slices rustic sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- -- Chives, finely chopped for garnish
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat; add oil. When hot, add garlic and tomatoes and sauté 5 minutes. Add thyme and sauté 4 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Remove thyme sprigs.
- Place eggs in a bowl and whisk. Place a large, heavy skillet over low heat. Add butter and heat until melted. Add eggs. As eggs begin to set, draw a spatula from the edge of the pan to the center, allowing the uncooked eggs to run onto the surface of the pan. Just before eggs are done, add heavy cream and stir until eggs are creamy, soft and a little lumpy. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper.
- Place a piece of warm toast on 4 individual serving plates. Top with eggs and tomatoes. Sprinkle with chives.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.