- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 per persmedium potatoes
- 2small onions
- 1 1/2sticks margarine or butter
- 1 reg.box velveeta cheese
- 1 halfgallon milk
- salt-- to taste
- pepper-- to taste
- 3 to 4tablespoons cornstarch
- Peel potatoes; slice with slicing blade of food processor.
- Peel and sliace onions in food processor (need less this way as this releases flavor of onion).
- Slice cheese.
- Spray bottom and sides of casserole dish.
- Mix cornstarch and milk.
- Place layer of potatoes in bottom of pan, then layer onions, dot with butter, salt and pepper. Pour milk cornstarch mix over potatoes and onions, layer with cheese. Repeat for three or four layers.
- Line oven with heavy duty foil to catch drips.
- Bake at 350 degrees until fork tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove from oven eat and enjoy.
- Good with chicken, meatloaf, keilbasa, steak, pork chops