SCALLOPS WITH WALNUT AND SNAP PEA ORZO
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 5 mins
- 1-1/4 pound scallops (about 24 medium scallops)
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- -- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 pound snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped California walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Basil-flavored oil
- Rinse scallops and dry well. Sprinkle herbs evenly over scallops.
- Cook orzo according to package instructions and hold in covered pan.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Saute garlic, snap peas and walnuts over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add to orzo & keep covered.
- Re-coat skillet with cooking spray. Saute scallops over high heat for 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Place scallops on plate with the orzo and drizzle a little basil-flavored oil over the scallops before serving.
Accompaniments: Sliced tomato salad