Scallops with Pasta
- Yield 4 servings
This scallop recipe with its creamy sauce is a great reduced-fat meal.
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaportaed skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (8-ounce) package rotini pasta
- In a small pot, combine 1/3 cup white wine, lemon juice and scallops. Cook about 5 minutes, or until scallops are opaque. Drain and set aside.
- In another pan, melt margarine and saute mushrooms and green onions over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually add evaporated skimmed milk. Season with salt and pepper. Return cooked scallops to pan. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup white wine.
- Meanwhile, cook rotini according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and toss with scallops and sauce.