Scallops with Black Beans
- Yield 6 servings
These low-fat scallops have a wonderful Southwestern flair and would be great tossed with pasta.
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Place scallops in a shallow dish. Combine olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, garlic and cayenne; drizzle over scallops and toss gently. Cover; marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over heat until hot. Add scallops, discarding marinade and onion; cook over medium-high heat until scallops are done; opaque in color. Stir in black beans and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin; saute until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and serve.