Scalloped Sweet and White Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 50 minutes
- 1pound white potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2tablespoons butter
- 3tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 4ounces aged shredded white Cheddar cheese or Comté cheese
- 2ounces finely grated Romano cheese
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 10 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add add flour and whisk until smooth. Add milk, stirring until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Combine potatoes and cheese sauce in a shallow gratin dish. Sprinkle with Romano cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes.
—Recipe by Jill Melton
For a complete menu featuring Scalloped Sweet and White Potatoes, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 478
- Fat 22g
- Cholesterol 21g
- Sodium 495mg
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 21g