Scalloped Potatoes with Cheese from Weight Watcher’s
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 6 red potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled
- 9tablespoons shredded reduced-fat Gruyere or Cheddar cheese
- 2cups fat-free half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Stir together flour, salt, and pepper in cup.
- Cut potatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange one-third of potatoes in overlapping layer in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of seasoned flour and 3 tablespoons Gruyère. Top with half of remaining potatoes; sprinkle with remaining seasoned flour and 3 tablespoons cheese. Arrange remaining potatoes on top and sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cheese. Pour half-and-half over all. Tip: Before layering the potatoes, pat them dry with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- Cover baking dish with foil; bake 45 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender, about 1 hour longer.
–This recipe reprinted with permission from the Weight Watcher’s New Complete Cookbook.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 180
- Fat 3 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Sodium 375 mg
- Carbohydrate 30 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 7 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Calcium 191 mg