Scalloped Apples and Sausage Strata
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 55 mins
A make-ahead breakfast main dish with cranberries, apples and sausage.
- 12 ounces King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread (3/4 of 16 oz. loaf), cut into 1-inch cubes (11 cups)
- 12 ounces bulk breakfast sausage, cooked, drained
- 12 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (3 cups)
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen, prepared scalloped apples, thawed
- Place bread cubes into greased 9x13x2-inch (3 qt.) pan.
- Sprinkle crumbled sausage and cheese over bread.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings, pour evenly over pan.
- Gently press bread into pan to ensure it is covered with mixture.
- Fold cranberries into apples and spoon evenly over top of pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered 55-60 minutes in preheated 325F oven, or until knife comes out clean when inserted in center. Sides may be dark due to sugar in apples, but it’s not burned.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.