Savory Walnut Cheesecakes
- Yield 15-20 servings
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 10 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 -- egg yolk
- 4 teaspoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup California walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Line a 9-inch pan with foil, allowing it to hang over the edge for easy removal of cheesecake.
- Crust: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and pepper. Press into pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Filling: Using a food processor, blend cream cheese, sugar, egg, egg yolk, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Process until all ingredients are fully incorporated and batter is free of lumps, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir in walnuts and chives.
- Pour into pan and spread evenly over crust. Bake for 20 minutes or until centre is firm. Do not over bake. Cool completely in pan, cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove cheesecake from pan. With a warm, dry knife, trim off edges. Cut remaining cheesecake into 1-inch or 1-1/2-inch squares. Top as desired and serve.
- Smoked salmon with a sprig of fresh dill
- Pear with caramelized onions
- Caviar and sour cream
- Prosciutto wrapped fig
- Black olive tapenade