Savory Three-Cheese Pockets
- Yield: 2 dozens
- 2ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) jar mushrooms, drained and finely chopped
- 2tablespoons finely chopped black olives
- 4ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1teaspoon dried oregano, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 4tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon black pepper
- 4 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 1 (14-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 3tablespoons bottled Italian dressing, divided
- Pizza or marinara sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, cream cheese, oregano, garlic powder, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Cut each cheese stick into six 1/2-inch pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 12-by-18-inch rectangle. Brush dough with 2 tablespoons Italian dressing. Cut into 24 equal pieces. Place one piece of mozzarella cheese and a scant tablespoon of pepperoni mixture on each square. Bring all four corners together above filling and pinch to seal. Brush with remaining Italian dressing and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and extra dried oregano. Place bundles about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with warmed pizza or marinara sauce, if desired.
Recipe by Dawn Onuffer, Crestview, Fla.