Savory Raisin Barley Pilaf
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 15 minutes
A perfect grain and raisin side for chicken or to top salad greens.
This savory side dish is overflowing with veggies, nuts and raisins. It pairs perfectly with chicken or as a main dish salad on top of greens.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups cooked barley
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup California Raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onions in oil and butter 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic and curry; saute 1 minute. Stir barley into skillet. Add remaining ingredients; cook, stirring, until heated through.