Savory Oven-Fried Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound chicken breasts
- 1/3cup flour
- 2 tspteaspoons sea salt
- 1/2teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 - 3/4teaspoon paprika
- 1-2teaspoon savory leaves
- 1dash italian seasoning
- 1-- large egg, beaten
- 1tablespoon water
- 1/2cup fine, dry, italian bread crumbs
- 1/2cup butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take chicken breasts and coat with flour mixed with the next five ingredients.
- Dip in egg blended with water and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in an 8 x 10 pan in the hot oven.
- Place chicken in pan, skin-side down.
- Bake until chicken is tender, about 50 minutes, turning to brown both sides.