- Yield: 20 servings
- 2cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2cups sour cream
- 1/2cup chopped cooked ham
- 1/3cup chopped green onions
- 1/3cup chopped green chiles (optional)
- 1/8teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-- (1-pound) round loaf French bread
- Combine the Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, ham, green onions, green chiles and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl and mix well. Cut a thin slice from the top of the bread loaf; reserve. Remove the center carefully, leaving a shell. Ct the bread from the center into 1-inch cubes. Fill the bread shell with the dip; top with the reserved top. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350F for 1 hour. Serve and the bread cubes, crackers or chips.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Savannah’s Downtown Savannah Style (the Junior League of Savannah, Georgia, 1996).