Sauteed Mustard Greens
- Yield 8 servings
Sautéeing preserves some of greens' sturdy texture, and bacon gives them a traditional Southern flavor.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches mustard greens, washed, trimmed and blanched
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil over low heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add mustard greens, salt and pepper. Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add bacon and broth; simmer about 15 minutes.
Recipe by Doug Hosford.