- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Fantastic served over meat to replace fattening sauces.
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine, optional
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions, sauteing until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, red wine, if using, hot sauce and basil, cooking over low heat 5 minutes longer.