Sautéed Mushroom Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8cups spring mix (assorted baby salad greens)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1pound white button or crimini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1cup shallot or onion, thinly sliced
- 1cup red pepper, diced
- 1teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons chives
- Divide spring mix among 4 serving plates; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn the mushrooms and stir in shallot or onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until shallot or onions begin to soften.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a separate bowl. Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and mix until sugar is dissolved. Spoon mushroom mixture on top of greens and scatter fresh chives on top. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 100
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 100mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Protein 0g